E3 2009 Thoughts
Here are some quick thoughts from me as I browse through the recent news from E3.
- Starcraft II! This year! The original Starcraft was a great game that I have played a lot of in days past, so I can’t wait for the sequel. I’m a little apprehensive about their plan to split it into three separate games though.
- I’m a big fan of Metal Gear Solid games, so it’s no surprise that I’m interested in the announcement of Metal Gear Solid Rising for the XBox 360. I’m also disappointed that Solid Snake will not be appearing in the game, but Raiden will be. Solid Snake is probably my favorite video game character ever, and Raiden… isn’t. The creators have done such a good job with the others that I’ve played, though, so I won’t pass judgment quite yet.
- I have mixed feelings about Halo Reach, if only because I have mixed feelings about previous Halo games. Halo was great, Halo 2 had some unfortunate problems, and Halo 3 was pretty good, with some problems. It has the potential to be a great game though. Same thoughts with Halo: ODST.
- Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare is one of the best games I’ve played in quite some time, so Modern Warfare 2 is definitely something to look forward to. I mean, the trailer alone should get you interested, even if you haven’t played the original.
- Alan Wake looks awesome… ’nuff said.
- Super Mario Galaxy 2 looks like it has some promise. They continue to produce really fun environments and unique gameplay.
- Supreme Commander 2… 🙂
Feel free to comment with some of your own impressions about E3.